Monday, August 5, 2013

Apology to the Reader by Fred L. Taulbee Jr.

Apology to the Reader
by Fred L. Taulbee Jr.



Apology to the Reader
by Fred L. Taulbee Jr.

This poem is going to suck
Because my muse has gone away
She was flesh and blood
In my arms and she is gone today

I seek words for stories and poems
With thesaurus and dictionary
But nothing comes as magical
As when my muse here did tarry

I’ve found synonyms and antonyms
And every other word that rhymes
But no metaphor or simile
So time means nothing but time

No subtext or euphemism
No symbolism or analogy
Nothing for the reader
But this pathetic apology

2009

Notes: In the video recitation it should be "every OTHER word." I shoot these fast and try not to edit too much or it'll eat up my time, so I have to let a few mistakes slip by.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment