Sunday, October 21, 2012

Absolut and Kahlua by Fred L. Taulbee Jr.


Absolut and Kahlua
By Fred L. Taulbee Jr.
2009-10

I’m sorry I drank all your Absolute and Kahlua
You left it at my house after we broke up
And asked me to save it for you
But that was all years ago

And a White Russian sounds so good right now
I might also try a Black Russian. I have before.
With more ingredients I could also make

An espresso martini
A Mudslide
An Iguana cocktail

There are probably more
But I’m too drunk to Google anymore

I have to tell you though
That I’m lying
I mean, I AM drunk
But off of beer
Good beer
Dead Guy Ale
Yeah, I can’t believe I found it
Here in Louisiana

No, you see
I lied about drinking your
Absolut and Kahlua
You know why?
Because I’m still hoping
You drop by and pick it up
Can you believe that?
I mean, I have hope
Hope that can last for years
We humans can be perseverant
When it comes to something like
Really longing for someone
And really loving someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment