Monday, August 5, 2013

Part of Me by Fred L. Taulbee Jr.

Part of Me
by Fred L. Taulbee Jr.





Part of Me
by Fred L. Taulbee Jr.

From one I took the love of movies.
From another I took the love of books.
From a girl I gained a penchant for wine
From a woman I garnered a need for whiskey
From you I the habit of drinking Chambord, but i mix it with mineral water and a splash of orange juice

And maybe all of you have taken parts of me.
And one day maybe I will be whole again.
With parts of me and parts of all of you.

From one I took a greater love of books
From another I took a greater love of movies
From a girl I gained more of a penchant for wine
From a woman I garnered a better taste for beer

And I'm making my way
understanding a collective you

And I hope one day I can be
A man who will suffice for one woman completely

From her I took a few fetishes
From her I took a few recipes
From her I took some great music

Now from some I took nothing but their love and their body
And sometimes when I think of them they're still with me

From you I realized it's okay to be this way

From one I took an even greater love of movies
From another I took the book Dune
From another I took Red Stripe
It's one of a few lagers I like

From one I took an obsession with lizards

Some of you got me drunk
Some of you got me high
Some of you fell in love with me
And with you so did I

Some of you are still here
Some of you are gone
I left some of you
And some of you moved on

From you I took a taste for Chambord

Some of you were smart
Some of you were dumb
And I was sometimes the same
Sometimes a hero sometimes a bum

No comments:

Post a Comment