Monday, August 5, 2013

Isolationism by Fred L. Taulbee Jr.

Isolationism
By
Fred L. Taulbee Jr.





Isolationism

By

Fred L. Taulbee Jr.



You built a moat around your castle
Filled it with alligators
And took up the draw bridge
But that wasn’t enough

Your soldiers walked the walls
Loosening my grappling hooks
Pushing down my ladders
Burning my Trojan horses

So you made yourself a country unto yourself
And you built up a wall
You made laws that affected me
You practiced isolationism

You collapsed my tunnels
Killed my agents
And destroyed the antennae
For Radio Free Me

You made it illegal to aid and abet me
You made it illegal to have my pictures or say my name
And when that wasn’t enough
You sent your bounty hunters after me

You put me in stocks
You put me in jail for life
You put me to the lash
But it wasn’t enough for you

You put me in the dungeon
Shackled me up on a wall
Put me to the rack
And now you’re twisting the thumbscrews

But things haven’t changed
I’m still in love with you
You can keep twisting
And whipping
And building
And shackling me
And torturing me
But you won’t change the way I feel
You’ll only change the way you show your love

No comments:

Post a Comment